As a member of the Register of Exercise Professionals I am bound by the REP Code of Ethical Practice and will abide by this code.
As a Level 3 qualified Personal Trainer and Level 2 qualified Children’s Exercise Instructor I will only work within the limits of my qualification and competence.
As a licenced UK Athletics Coach in Running Fitness I have agreed to comply with the Terms and Conditions adopted by UK Athletics, which are available at www.uka.org.uk
Informed consent will be obtained from all participants to ensure that the participant knows the risks involved in the assessment, exercise or treatment that they are about to perform or undergo. If a participant is deemed not competent in giving informed consent as in the case of i) children under the age of 16, ii) participants with learning disabilities, iii) participants with dementia, iv) participants suffering from mental health, then the informed consent will be obtained from the participant’s parent/guardian or designated appropriate adult.
I will not share any confidential information relating to participants and will protect the confidentiality and privacy of the participant and show the utmost discretion in dealing with confidential matters.
Safeguarding Children and Vulnerable Adults
I am aware of the legislation which exists to protect children, young adults and vulnerable adults and have attended a Safeguarding and Protecting Children workshop and hold the relevant certificate.
I hold a current CRB check (enhanced disclosure) and will update it every 3 years.
If I suspect any abuse of a participant I will inform the school (if the activity takes place at school) or the Designated Child Protection Officer at The Wiltshire and Swindon Activity and Sports Partnership, and, if appropriate, the person whom gave informed consent.
Health and Safety Policy Statement
I, Michelle Coveney, recognise that I have a legal duty of care towards protecting the health and safety of participants and anyone else who may be affected by my activities as ‘Michelle Coveney Fitness’.
In order to discharge my responsibilities I will so far as is reasonably practical:-
- I will operate my business activities as Michelle Coveney Fitness in compliance with this Health and Safety Policies and Procedures document.
- I will identify all hazards and eliminate, reduce or control them by carrying out the required risk assessments.
- Vouchers are valid for 6 months from date of purchase.
- Vouchers are non-transferable, cannot be exchanged or redeemed for cash.
- Vouchers that have been photocopied, altered or damaged will not be accepted.
- No responsibility will be taken for loss of vouchers.
- Vouchers that are scanned and sent via email will not be accepted.
- Vouchers cannot be used in conjunction with any other Michelle Coveney Fitness offer or promotion.
- Classes and PT sessions must be pre-booked, stating voucher number prior to arrival.
- Please note some medical conditions may exclude certain classes or types of training.
Michelle Coveney Fitness reserve the right to alter and amend these terms and conditions at any time.